Monday 23 May 2011

A Postcard to Albrecht in Germany


A postcard from the Island of Sky

Today I received a beautiful postcard from an area which is still on my list ofplaces I would like to visit in my lifetime. Great, many thanks Bridget! guess you have painted the postcard with acrylic. A few strokes of a pen are visible. Bridgetwrote: "I've spent the last week on the Island of Skye. Though it frequently rainednothing could spoil the dramatic landscape, the Black Cuillin Mountains plunginginto the sea. Its history is also full of drama too - the remains of abandoned crafts(small stonehouses) when the crofters were forced to leave their land to makeway for sheep, many having to emigrate and the stories of Bonnie Prince Charliewho took refuge here. This view is off the shore at ARDVASARon the southernpart of the island.«
I of course immediately asked at Wikipedia about the unfortunate Charles EdwardStuart. When I come to Rome next time I will visit his tomb in St. Peter's.
One more time: Thank you so much Bridget for this gem in my collection of postcards!


I'm glad this postcard arrived safely in Germany as did the one sent to Alison in London.I'd sent my earlier cards in envelopes but I thought I'd try sending it as a piece of mailart. I used thick watercolour paper and acrylic,
sketching on site but admit to adding a few pen marks and finer brushwork later.
Its so exciting to receive cards from the other members of the group and not just to see the images on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...