Tuesday 30 April 2013

Harvest Golds at Greenan


Harvest Golds at Greenan

Oil on canvas  30 x 30 cm
Bridget Hunter 2013

A favourite sketching place near the ruins of Greenan Castle, Ayr.

It's been hectic trying to get all 6 paintings finished. And there's been lots of paint scraped off which is really such a waste of materials.

So, I'm trying to change the frantic way I paint and take time to stop and think and place more considered marks.

I think I might need to pin a notice above the easel as a reminder though. 


4 comments:

  1. Painting frantic has its own energic advantages… This one is a proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou - appreciate your comment as I admire your landscapes very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky...you have castles! Frantic can be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few castles and Tower Houses dotted around here and most having scars of battles! I'm finding it difficult though to be more considered in mark making as I think I make decisions as I paint - and maybe scraping off is part of that decision process. Hmmm - food for thought. Thankyou Blue Sky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...